Receiver-based Approaches to Eliminate Communication Barriers
The receiver is the listener, reader, or observer in the communication processOpens in new window.
A sender can successfully disseminate his message only if his receiver(s) cooperate(s). Rather than remaining a passive partner in communication, a receiver should contribute in making the communication successful. The receiver’s active roles to ensure a perfect communication include:
- Listening or reading carefully,
- Being open to different types of senders and to new ideas,
- Making notes when necessary,
- Providing appropriate feedback to the sender, and
- Asking questions to clarify the message.
Remember, the sender has a greater responsibility for the success of communication than does the receiver. How you can successfully fulfill your role as the initiator of the communication is discussed hereOpens in new window.